Scrooge tombstone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrooge tombstone

I wanted to make an Ebenezer Scrooge tombstone for this Christmas. I kind of ran out of time to finish it like I wanted, but did get it done in time to put it out in the yard on Christmas eve.
    I may add a date to it (can't decide) and add some buffalo snow to the top of it. I'll probably use it for a Halloween decoration also.

very cool!! Are you going to age it at all? Just a thought, since I think the white would blend in with snow.
    Glitter is like the herpes of all holidays - once you have it, you can't get rid of it!!!

Lisa

Comment

Looks good, man! Now add a skele pointing to it.
      People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

I love it totally awesome Grinch! I got ot make one for Halloween thank you for the great idea.
        Now if I could just get one more... right there... what the...

Comment

Thanks for the compliments!
          Good idea, Sickie! Chris--be sure to post pics of yours when you finish it!
          Lisa-I normally do age my tombstones, and I still might age this one. But, I was trying to remember the different versions of the "Christmas Carol" and don't most of the Scrooge tombstones look new, since he would have supposedly just died? That's why I left this one alone, but if I'm gonna use it for Halloween I definitely need to age it some. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

That's Great EG! Love the candle in front.
            World's Best Manager

Comment

Nice job Grinch, it's awesome.

Comment

yes grinch i agree with the rest its great, and its a universal holiday prop love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by theedwin View Post
                  Oh! Is that what it is? I thought to myself, "What an odd spot for a spotlight, but it does light it up nicely." Now that I know what it is, I like the candle in front, too.
                  People really act weird at Christmas time. After all, what other time of year do you sit in front of a dead tree in the living room and eat nuts and sweets out of your socks?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickie Ickie View Post
                    Looks good, man! Now add a skele pointing to it.
                    Plus a big empty hole in front of it! Nice job.
                    Georgia R.

Comment

Originally posted by theedwin View Post
                      Originally posted by Sickie Ickie View Post
                      Oh! Is that what it is? I thought to myself, "What an odd spot for a spotlight, but it does light it up nicely." Now that I know what it is, I like the candle in front, too.
                      Thanks, everyone! I was originally going to use a kerosene lantern with a flickering tealight in it, but I knew it wouldn't be bright enough. So I used one of those cheap, single bulb electric candles.

Comment

I wonder if they make small flickering bulbs for the light?

Comment

Probably. I didn't think of it at the time, but I probably had one lying around.
                          Thanks for reminding me, Sickie!

Comment

There you go again Sickie! Reminding EG how to do something even better!

I give him compliments, you give him ideas....

World's Best Manager

Comment

We work as a team like that here, don't we? heh

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2429 users online. 29 members and 2400 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,909 at 11:22 AM on 11-28-2016.

Working...
                              X